Friday, September 12, 2014

September 12, 2014

What is the importance of research? Why do you need to know how to research? What have you learned in high school about researching topics and finding quality resources? Have you had a helpful teacher that has taught you to research? Explain.

Research is extremely important because it is the first stepping stone on the path to learning, and learning is the reason hat we put forth any effort in life. Researching gives us information from multiple perspectives on a singular issue, and that allows us to have more developed projects and opinions. It is important to know how to research so that you can have a higher quality of information, rather than just focusing on quantity of sources. Knowing how to research can make or break the standard of  information that is in your project. I have learned a lot in high school about researching and carefully approaching and paying attention to the bias of sources. I've been taught to ask specific questions and look in specific, scholarly places for the answers. I have had many helpful teachers that have taught me how to research. Specifically, the librarians have been a great help in developing my research skills. They have set me up on many databases and helped me have good baseline expectations when I am going into a project. Being in debate has also aided me with being a better researcher. Over these four years in high schools experience is what has helped me become the researcher that I am today. 

research

No comments:

Post a Comment