Wednesday, September 24, 2014

September 24, 2014

Imagine Mr. Bacon has asked you to suggest one way of improving Blue Valley High School to make it a better place for students. Think about the changes that are needed at your school. Pick one change you feel would really make a difference and explain what it is and why you'd make the change.

If Mr. Bacon came to me, my suggestion would definitely be equal representation for every activity at school. I think all too often the major recognition are given to sports, and more specifically football. There is a lot of merit in saying that we mention everyone at assemblies, but I know personally that debate has never gotten a spirit tunnel.The same goes for music performances, journalism, yearbook, etc. I think that this would make all clubs a lot more excited for these assemblies and feel like expressing school spirit. I would make this change because I think it is important that everyone feels welcomed and well represented within their school, it gives them a bigger incentive to learn and participate. I also think this would open the eyes of a lot of our students to clubs that exist and show them that they are also important.

No comments:

Post a Comment